Friday, May 6, 2011

"Molly Brown"

Margaret "Molly" Tobin Brown
"Titanic survivor and a woman who was determined to break the rules of "high society." "
(1867-1932)

We all need a rule breaker in the high society, go HERE for more information on Mrs. Molly Brown.  I'm giving major kudos for the creator of that page. I've taken ideas from her, this is my second time!  All credit to her for making my adventures in blogger land easier, tee hee!  :)

So shall we being with my babbles?  you know you want to!

So here we have a lovely photo of Margaret Brown.  The details of the picture said to be rooftop of the Titanic.  "High Society" got her all the way to the top deck of the Titanic. Must be nice!  She is quite lovely isn't she. I'm blogging Mrs. Molly because she seems worthy. Even in times way back when we had women around to be ballsy and rule breakers.  Props to the late great Margaret Brown! She not only survived the sinking of the Titanic. She was also an actress, an activist and was a devoted philanthropist. Definitely worthy of my blog! 

So for those who are further interested here we go! 


Here we have the actress who played Margaret Tobin Brown in the what 1997 version of Titanic.  Were there any other versions?  Anyways.  I thought she did a wonderful job in this.  Albeit I had no idea what her name was nor did I care. The first time I watched Titanic was with my boyfriend at the time and of course I cried like a stupid little bitch, no offence to anyone, but it's true!  I cried and cried and bawled and what nots. It was stupid. It wasn't until the end that  it bothered me, I'm sure it did that to a lot of folks. I wasn't much of a theatre goer or anything, to be honest, I hate the theatre most of the time. We watched this at the boyfriends house on his huge TV. Well it was huge at the time. I'm sure at my house we were rawking a floor model or something. You know the ones, they sit on the floor looks like  a cabinet or something.  haha.  (console TV)

< looks like this! 

So we watched it and yes I cried like a little girl when all the shit went down.  I hate hate hate Leonardo DiCaprio, is that even how you spell his name?  I call him DeCRAPio!  Whatever!  I don't know when my hatred began, but I didn't care for him in this movie either. Go figure!  I love the red hair of Kate Winslet.  Awesome red!   Back to the point of Titanic. As stupid as I felt bawling like a little bitch on my boyfriend at the times shoulder, I'm sure he expected it. But there are times when I see Titanic on and I watch it for old times sake. It was really quite a good movie. Very long and well it's hard to make it through both parts. But and as wrong as I may sound or may be. Titanic to me is like Gone with the Wind to my mother. It's a really long, movie and well isn't all that GREAT but really it kind of is!  Weird how that works isn't it?


I must rant for a minute, I'm sure these thoughts and or words have came out of each of your mouths at one point of another. But... Why the fuck didn't Kate Winslet move her arse over and let DeCRAPio get up on that big arse door?!  GAH!  I'm sure this is when I broke down and cried and bawled like a sniveling fool, but that aside, after  the first time. It was on!  I was like WTF?!  Why didn't she move her arse over?  Very stupid. But then again, how can they rewrite the whole thing and make it wrong? Then again it's what some fictional bullshit anyway. How you take a perfectly good boat sinking and turn it into a sick and twisted, making me fucking cry, love story!/  It's beyond me.

**end rant!

PROPS MOLLY BROWN FOR NOT GOING DOWN WITH THE TITANIC. YOU ROCK!

No comments:

Post a Comment